Celebrate Mom with these 5 delicious low sugar recipes. From cauliflower egg bake and low carb banana bread to keto pancakes and low sugar bloody Mary's, there’s something for all tastes. And all moms!
Give Mom the morning off and treat her to breakfast in bed with our favorite Mother’s Day recipes. For the simpler recipes, get the kids to help. Not only will they enjoy pitching in in the kitchen, but it’ll keep them occupied while Mom enjoys her well-earned sleep-in. Not only are these recipes packed with flavor, they’re low in sugar too, so Mom won’t have to stress the post-meal spike.
CAULIFLOWER EGG BAKE
Serves 6 | 20 minutes
- 12 eggs
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup kale leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. On the stove, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop in your cauliflower florets and let cook for 5 to 6 minutes (or until tender when pierced with a fork). Roughly chop the cooked cauliflower and set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together egg, almond milk, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and chopped spinach.
4. Toss in chopped cauliflower florets until evenly coated.
5. Pour mixture into a glass baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Note: Store leftovers, covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
LOW-CARB BANANA BREAD
Serves 4 | about 1 hour
- 1 to 3 bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp RxSugar®
- 2 cups almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray baking pan.
- Blend eggs, banana and oil in food processor.
- Mix in flour, baking soda & RxSugar®.
- Bake for 45 – 60 mins.
Serves 8 | 10 minutes
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp RxSugar®
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- RxSugar® Organic Pancake Syrup
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth
2. Preheat an oiled pan on stove over medium heat
3. Drop batter onto the pan in circles
4. Cover and cook for 1.5 – 2 mins until bubbles start to form
5. Flip and cook for another 1.5 – 2 mins
7. Smother with RxSugar® Organic Pancake Syrup.
Serves 9 | 45 minutes
- 18 tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup RxSugar®
- 3 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp warm water
For the filling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 tbsp RxSugar®
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
For the cream cheese frosting
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp RxSugar®
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cake pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, RxSugar®, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the eggs, cream, melted butter, vinegar, vanilla and water into the dry ingredients and whisk well until combined.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- While the dough rests, mix Cinnamon Filling ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Shape the dough into a ball. Place the ball between 2 large pieces of parchment paper and roll it into a rectangle to desired thinness. Spread the cinnamon filling onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch margin at the top empty.
- Using the parchment as an aid, roll the dough (towards the empty inch) up into a tight log. Seal the edge with wet fingertips.
- Cut the log crosswise into 9 equal pieces.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown. If necessary, cover loosely with foil to prevent burning.
- Make the frosting by combining cream cheese, butter and RxSugar® in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla; add cream 1 tablespoon at a time until a thick, spreadable icing comes together.
- Cool rolls before spreading frosting on them.
KETO BLOOD MARY COCKTAIL
Serves 1 | 5 minutes
- 4 oz unsweetened tomato vegetable juice
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp smoked Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp RxSugar®
- 1/8 tsp powdered beef bouillon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a 10 ounce highball glass filled with ice.
4. Garnish with celery, chilled cooked shrimp, olives, and/or cooked bacon as desired.
These recipes are guaranteed to make Mom feel extra special on her big day. Even if they don’t come out perfectly, she’ll love that they’re both homemade and heartfelt. Plus, she won’t have to worry about any potential blood sugar crashes after she’s done enjoying them, especially with our natural support system by her side.