Effective Date: August 20, 2020
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household, like names, addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers, as well as other non-public information that is associated with the foregoing. Personal Information may include the following categories:
- Identifiers/Contact Information: These include your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, and unique identifiers that may identify your device or browser, but not you by name.
- Commercial Information: Your purchase and usage history, and goods and service preferences, including payment information.
- Internet/Electronic Activity: Your geolocation information, IP address, web/app browsing and search history related to our Services, and information regarding your interaction(s) with the Services or our ads.
- Profile Inferences: The inferences that we draw from your Personal Information and web activity to create a personalized profile so we can better identify goods and services that may be of interest.
“Anonymous Information” means information that is de-identified or aggregated, and not reasonably capable of being associated with, or reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information You Provide Us.
We may collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us through a number of features available on the Services. For example:
- If you register through the Services to receive our newsletter, we collect your full name, and e-mail address.
- When you contact us through our Contact Us submission form, we will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) your e-mail, so that we can respond to your questions and comments.
- We also collect Personal Information that you share with us when you create an account on our Online Store, input your billing and shipping information for product purchases, or request customer service or contact us regarding your online shopping experience.
Your participation in any of these activities is voluntary and we only use the personal information that you provide for the purposes for which it was collected.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically.
- Usage information: Sugarbreak and our third–party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how our visitors are browsing the site, the pages you visit, and your use of the Services. This data helps us understand what content and services are most relevant to you, so we can customize our Services to your needs.
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from and about the electronic devices that you use to access the Services, including your operating system, browser type, IP address, log files, advertising IDs, time zone, and identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- Third Party Analytic and Advertising Technologies: We may use third parties’ analytics and tracking tools, such as Google Analytics and others, to help us track, segment, and analyze usage of the Services, and to help us or those third parties serve more targeted ads to you on the Services and across the Internet. These tools may use technology such as web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or other technologies to collect and store information and may also combine such information with information that they collect from other sources. We use “Cookies,” which are small text files placed on your browser, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow us to select which ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic information. To learn more about your choices relating to interest-based advertising and cookies, please see the “What Choices Do You Have” section below.
- Location data: Some of our Services may allow you to submit information about your general location, such as your ZIP code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services. With your consent, some of our Services also may capture and record certain geo-location or global positioning data in order to provide location-related functionality. We may link such location data to other information that you provide to us or that may be accessed in connection with your use of our Services.
Personal Information We Collect Through Third Parties.
Combination of Information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Manage your account, including to create your account, synchronize your usage across devices, and personalize your experience with our Services.
- Process your orders, including to fulfill orders you have placed, process your payment information, and send you an order confirmation.
- Provide you with customer support, including to respond to or follow-up on your inquiries, comments, questions or other requests.
- Deliver targeted advertising.
- To improve the Services and develop new ones, such as to conduct research or analysis surrounding our products, business or Services.
- Communicate with you about programs in which you elected to participate including contest, sweepstakes, coupons or other promotions, and to administer such promotions.
- Publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features.
- Make project recommendations to you based on past browsing behavior.
- To prevent, detect, and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities, such as to enforce our Terms, address fraud or alleged unlawful activity, and assist law enforcement.
- To ensure legal compliance, such as to comply with legal requirements, enforce or exercise our rights or those of third parties, perform due diligence and required disclosures for corporate acquisitions and sales, and address problems with the Services or our business.
- Otherwise as disclosed to you, or with your consent.
What Personal Information do we share?
Sharing of Personal Information by You
Sharing of Personal Information by Us
We may share Personal Information, as follows:
- With Service Providers: We may provide your Personal Information to our service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our users, such as billing processors. However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
- With Other Third Parties: Your Personal Information may also be shared with our sponsors, partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies or other third parties in connection with marketing, promotional, and other offers, as well as product information.
- With Shopify: We provide your information to Shopify, as described in the below “Shopify” section.
- With your consent or at your request: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
We may share Anonymous Information with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites, the number of people who have downloaded a particular coupon or the number of people from a certain state who purchased a Product from our third party partner.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Information?
We will include unsubscribe instructions in each newsletter or promotional communication you receive from us. You will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from receiving e-mail or other communication at any time.
Access, Deletion, and Updates.
If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Information in your account, you may visit your Account Page or contact us at the address or e-mail in the Contact Us section below. We reserve the right to request that you provide information that will enable us to confirm that you have the authority to correct or delete the profile information that you want corrected or deleted. We may not be able to correct or delete information shared with third parties. Pursuant to applicable law, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request.
When we delete information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases, but may remain in our archives.
Certain parts of the Services require cookies. Please refer to your web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
While you will still be able to use the Services if you disable Cookies in your browser, certain parts of the Services may not function as effectively.
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have their online activity and behavior tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. Many website operators, including Sugarbreak, do not respond to DNT requests from some or all Internet browsers.
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies on your browser when you visit the Services to collect information about your use of the Services and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. To learn more about such interest-based advertising, please review the information below. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive advertisements from us that are not customized based on your Usage Information:
- To opt-out of such collection and use for online behavioral advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) participating companies in the United States, please visit: www.aboutads.info/choices/ and www.aboutads.info/appchoices/.
- To opt-out from the use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising by NAI member companies, visit: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
If you change computers or browsers, use multiple computers or browsers, or delete your cookies, you may need to repeat this process for each computer and each browser.
Your California Privacy Rights.
We do not sell your Personal Information, nor have we sold your Personal Information in the last 12 months.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed
In the last 12 months, Sugarbreak has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose (such as with our service providers who are restricted from using your Personal Information outside the scope of their services for Sugarbreak):
- Identifiers/Contact Information, disclosed to payment processors, customer service platforms, website hosting services, network security providers, and cloud storage services;
- Commercial Information, disclosed to [complete];
- Internet/Electronic Activity, disclosed to [complete];
- Visual and Audio Information, disclosed to [complete];
- Inferences, disclosed to [complete].
Access and Deletion Requests
California residents have the right to know what Personal Information that Sugarbreak collected, disclosed, and sold about them. In particular, they may:
Request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the business purpose for such collection, and corresponding categories of sources from which we collected the information;
- the categories of Personal Information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the business or commercial purpose for such disclosure; and
- the categories of Personal Information and the categories of third parties to whom we sold your Personal Information in the preceding 12 months, and the commercial purpose for such sale.
Request that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by phone at [phone], or by mail at [mail]. We may request certain information to verify your identity before we can respond to your access and deletion requests. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. Sugarbreak will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
You may authorize someone to make a privacy rights request on your behalf (an authorized agent). Authorized agents will need to demonstrate that you’ve authorized them to act on your behalf, and that they are registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California, or must demonstrate they have power of attorney pursuant to applicable probate law. Sugarbreak retains the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request, or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s Personal Information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention.
Links to Other Websites
Our Online Store is hosted on by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”). They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify online application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall to keep it protected from unauthorized access or disclosure.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. However, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you require 100% security, do not correspond or transmit data over the Internet or through email. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, Sugarbreak will not accept liability for direct or indirect losses arising from lost or stolen data (including your Personal Information).
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement. However, you understand and agree that Sugarbreak is not responsible for Shopify’s (or any other third party’s) privacy policies, statements, content, or data handling practices on other websites.
Privacy of Minors
Security and Confidentiality
We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties providing services on our behalf protect Personal Information and do not use it for purposes other than providing assistance to Sugarbreak.